Design Process is a process in which different stages of product development is involved. So this blog is about design process and how important it is for a designer to create a collection.
Collections are usually constructed from a combination of silhouette, colors and fabric, with the emphasis varying depending on the designer’s particular aesthetic.
The range of products may be inspired by a trend, theme, or design direction reflecting cultural and social influences, and it is usually designed for a season or particular occasion .
Coming to our design process, we decided to share the details of our SPRING Summer Collection 2018.
Steps which we need to follow in design process are:
- Research– Mainly market research,history,trends,fashion forecasting.
- Design– The Designer attempted to develop unique designs by following few stages which are necessary .
- Development of mood board-
A mood board is a type of college consisting of images, text, samples of objects in a composition.
- Client Profile:
The designs were designed mainly targeting the local Arab society and the ABAYA lovers.
- Fabric Board:
The fabric used for our abaya`s are:
- Pure georgette
- Raw silk
- Color Board:
The colors used in our abaya are:
- Dark blue
- Development– The designs taking 3d form from 2d. Production of designs.
- Quality check – This step is must and we ensure that all our products have undergone it.
- Presentation and Launch.
I hope this helps you and the newbies in creating a collection. It was definitely useful for us and we couldn’t keep it to ourselves?